The Motability Scheme enables disabled people to lease a new car, scooter or powered wheelchair by exchanging their Government funded mobility allowance . If you receive either the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA), the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP) , the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS) or the Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP) you may be eligible to join the Motability Scheme.
Benefits of joining the Car Scheme
If you choose a car, all this is included:
- A new car of your choice every three years
- How to get another car with the Motability scheme
- Servicing and maintenance (All of your regular service and maintenance is included)
- Full breakdown assistance from the RAC
- Annual car tax
- Replacement tyres fitted by Kwik Fit
- Window and windscreen repair or replacement
- 60,000 mileage allowance over three years
- Many adaptations at no extra cost
- A wide range of Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAVs)
Around 450 cars at no Advance Payment Motability offers a huge range of cars to choose from, suiting all needs and budgets. There are currently around 450 cars that cost no more than your weekly allowance – almost 200 of these cost less than your allowance, giving you money back to spend as you wish. You can increase your choice of cars even further by topping up your allowance with an upfront payment, or what we call an ‘Advance Payment.’
Coupers participate in the Motability Scheme; please ak for either Gavin Hunt or Jim Melvin our Motability Specialists.